Friday, September 25, 2009

Bradon Nunn TKO in 3rd Round


I met up with Bradon Nun at the MMA fights that were put on at the Polk County Fair Grounds by Alive Entertainment. It was his first fight of his MMA career so this is a before and after fight interview.

Name: Bradon Nunn
Age: 20
Weight: 170
Ht:6'2"
Pro/AM: Amateur
Win/ Loss: 1-0
Hometown:Lebanon, OR.
Team:c Capital City Cage Fighters
Favorite Submission: Arm Bar
Favorite UFC Fighter: Chuck Liddell
Favorite Movie: Love & Basketball

Mixed Martial Arts Fights: This is your first fight how are you feeling?
Brandon: I'm good no nerves. Been training hard for 9 months now. I'm ready to step in there and I think I can get the win.MMAF: Do you have a martial arts back ground?
Brandon: No, I've boxing since I was 14 for 5 or 6 years.
MMAF: When did you get into MMA?
Bradon: Well my cousin Chris Hensley he does it professionally and he told me about it. He told me it would be a great learning experience
to take my self defence to another level. I decided then to accept the challenge.
MMMF: Is your stand up the best part of your game?
Bradon: Yes, by far. I've never wrestled in high school, but it is a work in progress. I'm learning a lot of Jujitsu and loving that.
MMMF:What do your parents and friends think about you doing MMA?
Bradon: My girlfriend supports me. My mom said she would never come to a fight because she doesn't like it. My dad he is a bigger guy so he's grown up fighting because he was a fighter. He said he didn't want to come because you know people would look at him and
want to fight him. No, He's coming to watch tonight.
MMAF: So everybody supports you?
Bradon: Yea!
MMAF: What about friends?
Bradon: Oh! They think its cool and want to know how they can get involved. I tell them you got to getting the gym everyday and work
as hard has you can. I also tell them they got to get some experience before you can climb into the ring.
MMAF: How often do you train?
Brando: I train 3 times a week inn the gym for 4 hours and I do my own training on the side.
MMMF: What do you do on your own?
Bradon: I run you know. I push myself hard to do better.
MMAF: Do you want to go pro and when do you plan to do that?
Bradon: Yea! I do. Maybe not I wont make it to the UFC but I plan to make a little money doing this.
MMAF: Like Sports Fight or the WEC?
Brandon: Yes!
MMAF: Well good talking to you Bradon. Good luck in your fight tonight. I will catch up with you after the fight.
Brandon: Thanks!

Bradon did end up winning his fight. He TKO his opponent in the 3rd round and this is what he said after his first ever MMA fight.

MMMF: How does it feel Brandon to have your first fight and win under your belt?
Bradon: It feels great. I had family here and it was awesome! I mean I got to show what I have. I gave it 110%, I was really nervous
for my first fight. I wasn't really expecting to much out of it. Except to see what I could do and what I needed to work on.
MMAF: What do think you need to work on?
Brandon: Cardio and Jujitsu. I've never wrestled before so when he took me down I was just thinking don't let him get me in a choke
or triangle. I got one good roll over that was good because I've been working on that.
MMAF: You looked good in your first fight.
Brandon: Thanks!
MMAF: Anything else for your fans?
Bradon: Yea! I appreciate everybody for coming out to watch and support me. I got alot more work to do.
Mixed Martial Arts Fights: Thanks and good luck.
Brandon: Thanks!
Mixed Martial Arts Fights thanks Bradon for spending time with us before his first fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment